While Adventure Brass lends itself to bold lines in traditional settings, Trailer Brass was produced with more modern, over-sized contexts in mind.
We recorded three different groups: a ten-horn ensemble, a ten-trombone ensemble and the Horde; a three-cimbasso/three-tuba ensemble that has been aggressively processed for maximum beefiness.
To get the wide, wall-of-brass sound we were looking for, we sat the players evenly across the stage of a huge concert hall. We also spent a lot of time going for maximum volume, which is no easy task. It got so loud in there that the trombones ended up busting one of the microphones. Congrats were issued.
We've also included a varied collection of sound design patches that utilize the brass recordings in some great ways. Impacts, pads, BRAAAMs, synth basses, rhythmic drones and the like.
As always, we made it a point to limit the controls needed to get the job done in a reasonable amount of time. The Adventure and Majestic patches come to mind, where you can produce believable brass lines using just your keys and the modwheel. The library also contains five different GUI's designed to immediately inform you of what a particular patch can do in terms of control.
* Recorded in a large concert hall
* Three different sections: 10 Horns, 10 Trombones, 3 Tubas/3 Cimbassos (The Horde)
* "Morph Stacking" programming allows any note length to sound natural
* Recorded in centered, wide seating arrangement across the stage
* "To Silence" feature
* Adjustable "Humanization" feature
* Includes true FFF sampling
* Three microphone positions
* Processed Horde samples
* Custom Sound Design patches sourced from brass recordings
* 2.4 GB uncompressed
* Compatible with Kontakt 5.5.1+ (requires full retail version of Kontakt)
* Receive watermarked product by download only
Ten Horns - Adventure
Ten Horns - Majestic
Ten Horns - Breakout
Ten Trombones - Adventure
Ten Trombones - Majestic
Ten Trombones - Breakout
The Horde - Evolving Sustains V1
The Horde - Shorts V1
The Horde - Evolving Sustains V2
The Horde - Shorts V2
Sound Design Patches
Approaching the Monolith
Slow and Clear